The Clarington Toros will host this year’s Central Region Midget AAA Championship. The tournament will be held at the Garnet B. Rickard Recreation Complex from April 1st to 7th.
This Toros team is comprised of 20 young men who come from many different circumstances and backgrounds. It is a great group of people and of course, hockey players. The team finished the ETA regular season in 2nd place in the East Division with a record of 18-10-4. Tournaments attended include a quarterfinal loss in the Toronto Titans Early Bird Tournament, a silver medal in the Ottawa Showcase and a semi-final loss in the Waterloo Gold Puck Tournament.
“As Host of the Central Region Midget AAA Championship, the Clarington Toros would like to welcome the teams from the HEO, NOHA, OMHA, GTHL and ALLIANCE to our home here in Clarington. We hope the week will be a great experience for all competitors and we look forward to hosting a first-class event!”
The Toros and their Host Organizing Committee are very proud to represent their city and organization as hosts for the 2019 Central Region Midget AAA Championship. Learn more about their community with these five facts:
- The population of the municipality of Clarington is approximately 92,000
- The Midget AAA tournament will be focused in the city of Bowmanville, a 225 year old community north of Oshawa with a population of 40,000
- Notable hockey people from the Bowmanville area include: Josh Bailey, Mike Keenan, Chris Kelly, and Greg Nemisz
- Bowmanville is home to the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, a leading racing and automotive performance facility in Canada
- Clarington is home of the Clarington Eagles of the PJHL
The Central Region Midget AAA Championship is part of the Road to the Telus Cup. The 2019 Telus Cup is Canada’s National Midget Championship and runs April 22nd to 28th in Thunder Bay.