The Toronto Aeros will host this year’s OHF Juvenile Championship. The tournament will be held at the Herbert H. Carnegie Centennial Centre from April 12th to 14th.
Having won the City of Toronto Championship in the 2017-2018 hockey year, the team commenced the 2018-2019 year by winning the Mercyhurst University tournament in Erie, PA and followed up by having successful stints against all subsequent opponents.
The Aeros then entered the Silver Stick championship held in Mooretown in January. They faced the Toronto Colts in the finals only to lose to the Colts in the third overtime. The teams set a Silver Stick record for overtime hockey. The team is composed of determined players ready to compete at the OHF Championship and represent the GTHL as the host team.
The Aeros and their Host Organizing Committee are very proud to represent their city and organization as hosts for the 2019 OHF Juvenile Championship. Learn more about their local community with these five facts:
- The population of North York is approximately 673,000
- North York is a district in the city of Toronto, located north of the downtown core
- North York has been designated a secondary economic hub outside of the downtown core
- The tournament-hosting Herb Carnegie Centennial Centre was built in 1966
- The arena’s namesake Herb Carnegie was a black Canadian ice hockey pioneer who grew up in Toronto