The Burlington Bulldogs will host this year’s OHF Peewee A Championship. The tournament will be held at Central Arena from April 12th to 14th.
This Peewee A Bulldogs team is made up of all 2006-born players. Only 5 players played for A/AA Bulldogs Minor Peewee from the previous year: The rest of the team is made up of players from MD and Select teams. The team exemplifies that not all successes show up on the scoreboard. This team works hard to demonstrate the no-quit attitude that Bulldogs hockey is known for! In 2018, the team raised over $750 in toy donations for Burlington’s Toys for Tots program.
The Bulldogs and their Host Committee are excited to welcome everyone to their community for the OHF Championships. Here are 5 quick facts about the city of Burlington before you get there:
- The population of Burlington is approximately 183,000
- Burlington is home to UNESCO World Biosphere reserve Niagara Escarpment, the Royal Botanical Gardens, Bronte Creek Provincial Park, and the Bruce Trail
- The Royal Botanical Gardens (RBG) are home to the Katie Osborne Lilac Garden, one of the world’s most diverse lilac collections
- Burlington has the distinction of having one of only two naturally occurring magnetic hills in Canada. The magnetic hill is located on King Road, north of Bayview Park
- Popular community events include: Canada’s Largest Ribfest, Burlington Sound of Music Festival