The Toronto Jr. Canadiens will face off against the London Jr. Knights in the gold medal game at the Ontario Winter Games tomorrow after going undefeated throughout the tournament. The Toronto Marlboros and Soo Jr. Greyhounds will battle it out for the bronze medal.
Toronto Jr. Canadiens 10, Ajax-Pickering Raiders 0
· Wesley Royston’s hat trick led Toronto to a 10-0 win over Ajax-Pickering, sending the team to the semi-finals.
Soo Jr. Greyhounds 3, Upper Canada Cyclones 1
· The Greyhound’s held a lead through to the third, allowing the Cyclones only one goal before finishing first in their pool.
London Jr. Knights 4, Toronto Marlboros 3
· Ethan Weir had a piece of each goal for London, scoring three including the game winner and posting an assist on the fourth.
Niagara North Stars 4, Thunder Bay Kings 1
· After a back and fourth first period, Niagara pulled ahead in the second and third to send themselves on to the semi-finals.
Toronto Jr. Canadiens 5, Toronto Marlboros 1
· The Jr. Canadiens will compete in the Gold medal game after pulling off a 5-1 win over the Marlboros. Luca Romano had two goals and two assists through out game, with Jason Zhou scoring the Marlboros lone goal.
London Jr. Knights 7, Soo Jr. Greyhounds 1
· London came out strong scoring three in the first, and four in the second to send them through to the gold medal game tomorrow at noon.
Next games – Sunday, March 1:
- Bronze Medal Game: Toronto Marlboros vs. Soo Jr. Greyhounds (9:30am)
- Gold Medal Game: Toronto Jr. Canadiens vs. London Jr. Knights (12:00pm)
Stats and standings are available here.
About Men’s Hockey at the Ontario Winter Games
Occurring every two years, the Ontario Winter Games delivers a multi-sport experience for youth – welcoming 3500 athletes, coaches, officials and dignitaries to compete in 27 sports. The men’s hockey event welcomes the most competitive teams from the Ontario Hockey Federation’s Minor Members (Minor Hockey Alliance of Ontario, Greater Toronto Hockey League, Ontario Minor Hockey Association and Northern Ontario Hockey Association), and one representative from Hockey Eastern Ontario, as well as Hockey Northwestern Ontario.